Scholastic Book Club
Order Books Online from Scholastic Books
Kiddie Kampus earns a FREE book for our library every time a parent/guardian orders online! PLUS, any order enables Kiddie Kampus to receive bonus points which in turn, will use to purchase MORE books for the school! Happy Reading….
Child Health Resources
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Continually reviews and updates our prevention materials to provide the most current information on preventive services and primary care topics, including child and adolescent health.
Children’s Oral Health
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Tooth decay (dental caries) affects children in the United States more than any other chronic infectious disease. Untreated tooth decay causes pain and infections that may lead to problems; such as eating, speaking, playing, and learning.
Questions to ask when you are looking for a program
What style of program am I looking for?
- Am I looking for a program that is licensed by the New York State Office of Family and Child Services? Pre-school/Nursery school programs that are 2 ½ hours long or less are not required to be licensed by New York State.
- Am I looking for a part-time program or a full time program? What are the hours of the program that I need or would like for my child?
- Do I need a program that is open year round, closed for all holidays or follows my local school district’s schedule?
- What is the center’s philosophy?
- Do I need a program that will administer medication to my child?
- Do I want a small personal program or a large program for my child?
- Would I like my child to attend a program where the owner is on-site?
- Am I looking for a program that has a clean, safe playground?
- Do I want a program where I am welcomed into the center each day or where I drop my child off at the door?
- What is included in the tuition and what needs to be provided from home?
- How are parents/guardians informed about activities and events, via a newsletter, calendar, or daily notices?
- Are all staff members First Aid & CPR certified?
- What type of payment schedule do I need or prefer?
Parent Resource Links:
Games and fun for children
Fun, educational games and activities for children.
Licenses & Organization Memberships:
Kiddie Kampus is licensed by the New York State Office of Child and Family Services: www.ocfs.state.ny.us
Kiddie Kampus is a member of Child Care Council of Suffolk: www.childcaresuffolk.org
Other Useful Resources
American Academy of Pediatrics
Autism Society of America
Center for Disease Control
Child Care Council of Suffolk, Inc.
Early Years Institute
National Down Syndrome Society
New York Department of Health
New York State Education Department
New York State Family Resources
PBS for Parents
Scholastic for Parents
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services